Sunday 14 April 2013

The Works - Barrhaven 

I don't know about you but I love a burger. I love a veggie burger to be precise. Now I can't claim it's fabulous'ness for the real beef eaters out there but I absolutely adore The Works. I asked my meat-eating spouse what he thought on the meat issue ... It's good, it's fresh, it's done as you say you want it done. So, I'm guessing all thumbs up for the meat eaters too! Ps. He's picky.

If you do choose a veggie burg like I do don't despair. My friend brought home her leftovers and fed it to her carnivore husband and he couldn't tell the difference ... until she said 'btw that was a veggie'.

I've been a semi-vegetarian (I eat chicken now) since I was 16 .... I'm 36. I don't know what red meat actually tastes like ... but I do LOVE the works veggie burgers. Is this what meat tastes like? Perhaps I should have some?

Now, let me tell you a secret - fill out the survey and get a tower of rings! I was told by the lovely hostess that there are no rules ... fill it out after you get your bill and a free tower of onion rings is yours ... regardless if you order something else .... this may change now that this is posted so run, run like the wind! Update: I found out it's only one per table if your server is on the ball. Still it's Onion Rings!!!! It's almost 10 bucks for a tower of rings and you get it for zero dollars. Me likey!  Ps. An upgrade from fries to onion rings is $3.56 per person .... They are really good ... but you get a free tower if you fill out the survey ....you decide.

Soooo, what did we order?

Prepare to spend extra if you want different side dishes. I've only had the poutine and onion rings.. Ps. All dipping sauces are freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Try the beechhouse dip - but bring a mint. They don't provide them for you after the meal. They really should start doing that in my opinion. 



There are so many options! It's all so good ... don't be afraid ... if you don't like one it won't break the bank!



Diet Coke - done the proper way!

 M.E.C. - fresh avocado, beechhouse sauce,sundried tomato & feta cheese (with two beechhouse dips that are inevitably stolen). I've had many types but this is my absolute favourite. 




 Royal Runner - tomatoes & crinkle-cut pickles with our famous royal supreme sauce 11.92 - If you love the sauce ask for double! This is a pic of double sauce!



 Malibu Meltdown -crunchy o-ring, beechhouse, havarti, gouda & brie ...VROOOM!


There are locations in Burlington, Guelph, Halifax, Kingston, London, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, Peterborough,



Try it! If you don`t love it at least the onion rings are on them the next time!  :)


Ps. I've been here a zillion times and not gone on the web to get my free rings. It's just that good! Pss. I may also be lazy... but OMG the rings are ssoooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment